After to try some pools and alt cryptocoins by some weeks, I'm now really serious about to make a Monero farm because I believe in this potential, Monero is Awesome!
Today I mine in DwarfPool, just more couple of days to get my 0.1 XMR to try others pools or mine solo.
My miners today:
- A raspberry pi 3 running cpuminer-multi – Was very fun configure this mini miner with 10h/s, but soon he will be only my media center, arcade and cold storage
- My computer brings 66h/s (4 threads) with a i5 2400 running cpuminer-sandybridge-ivybridge and 528h/s with a R9 380 (which could be better if I try a new BIOS, but I’m afraid to damage it, but could try later) running Claymore 9.7. This CPU has 1 Pci-e and 2 mini Pci but only 1 miniPciE is usable with a GPU attached in the main PCie slot
- A notebook i7 2630QM was unused last 3 years then I put it to work is making about 66/hs with 8 threads (same of i5, notebook sucks).
- 2 Computers i3 2120 running cpuminer-sse2 who brings together about 50/hs (They are fileservers and stay idle most of time anyway and for these 2 the energy is free).
My unused equipment:
- A i 650 with 2GB RAM (was 4GB before one of Ram finish) with 2 PCie slots free working but only missing it’s PSU
- A Empty thermaltake Element G - http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001440 (My finished i7 720 was here 6 months ago after six years of fun, I love this case, really).
What are coming next week (Already bought):
- A Rx580 8gb Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202293)
- A PSU Sharkoon WPC650 650W ATX 80 Plus Bronze to put into unused i5 650 or with other new pc with my element G Case.
I’d like suggestions to make a effective farm using pcs to mine Monero and maybe Etherium in the future. I have more $4000 to spent but I’d like to keep and use these 3 cases not a rig to stay simple and not to worry my family with using more space, that why I’m thinking only in GPUs inside these 3 cases and any device who has a processor and can mine (if my 3DS and old iPOD 3Gs could mine, they would be working now). I was thinking to use this Rx580 with i5 650 and buy to another one or I could buy a Ryzen 7 1800X or a Ryzen Threadripper 1920X (but I don’t know if Worth to mine) with a Motherboard who can hold 3 GPUs then I could to get more 3 Rx580, a SSD, 16GB RAM (2x8GB DDR4) and a PSU good enough.
Is there any advice?
Is worth to use EthOs in these PCs during dedicated mining?
I don’t want make profit now, if the mined coins pay the energy bill and If I can keep the change its ok, with Monero and others cryptocoins I want just buy and hold for now.
About mining I was thinking to leave the pool and go solo mining making my own private pool or solo mining with every device in my house, but I don’t know if it is worth.
Sorry for my English