I installed monero gui on Windows a week ago and created my first wallet, unfortunately I ran into an issue with my local node.
FYI, my monerod version is 0.17.3.0-release
It does not synchronize all the way to the current node, it's currently lagging 3.8 month behind at node 2504635, and it's been four days.
It looks like there's a pattern visible in the logs:
- it's starting to synchronize with a remote node:
I [184.108.40.206:18080 OUT] Sync data returned a new top block candidate: 2504635 -> 2587587 [Your node is 82952 blocks (3.8 months) behind]
- then there's an error log with the host a few seconds later:
E [220.127.116.11:18080 OUT] Block is invalid or known without known type, dropping connection E Setting timer on a shut down object
- and then it starts all over again with the next host
I do not know where to start to try and fix this, for now I just cannot use Monero. I have also seen a few of these errors in the log, not part of the main hell loop:
 libunbound[26980:0] error: can't bind socket: Permission denied. for 0.0.0.0
2022-03-25 20:11:09.717 I Target height decreasing from 2587588 to 2412596
I Failed to invoke command 1001 return code -3
COMMAND_HANDSHAKE invoke failed. (-3, LEVIN_ERROR_CONNECTION_DESTROYED)
[18.104.22.168:18080 OUT] COMMAND_HANDSHAKE Failed
W There were 0 blocks in the last 90 minutes, there might be large hash rate changes, or we might be partitioned, cut off from the Monero network or under attack, or your computer's time is off. Or it could be just sheer bad luck.
Remark: i do not wish to use a remote node, I want the blockchain locally for security purposes.