How might I download the binaries if both getmonero.org and github.com/monero-project are blocked?
Let us assume the following initial conditions:
- I have Tor installed on my Linux-based OS.
- I already have I2P (but not I2P-zero) installed on my OS.
- github.com/i2p-zero is also blocked.
- I am in a country where they just blocked both getmonero.org and github.com/monero-project
- The bandwidth available via Tor seems to be the bottleneck
that precludes downloading the binaries via both
torsocks wget https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases/download/v0.17.2.0/monero-linux-x64-v0.17.2.0.tar.bz2and
torsocks wget https://downloads.getmonero.org/cli/linux64. The same bottleneck makes it impossible for me to clone the repo from Github by executing:
torsocks git clone https://github.com/monero-project/monero.git. That even precludes compiling from source.
Are there any IPFS-based mirrors of whom I am not yet aware of? Does anyone on the Web offer alternative downloads via Bittorrent? Is there a rescue-type service like gettor? Where can I get the signing keys from in the situation that I described? Are any eepsites that are helpful in overcoming such censorship?