What are options available to convert fiat currencies into Monero directly, without having to go through a Bitcoin transit hoop first? I am not looking for a recommendation for a particular service, but a list of available options and supported currency types. I am looking for a list of both peer to peer and centralized exchanges that support fiat to Monero conversions.
For direct purchase of Monero with fiat currencies there are now multiple options:
- Livecoin - Online Exchange supporting Wire transfer (SWIFT) and other options
- Coincut - Online Exchange allowing purchase by GBP Bank transfer
Bitfinex - US dollarUSD wire transfer disabled
- LiteBit - Online Exchange supporting multiple fiat purchase options including SEPA bankwire, GiroPay and SOFORT
MoneroDirect - Uses OKPAY to offer MasterCard, VISA, Webmoney, and other Euro denominated purchase options- Offline due to OKPAY Aquisition - Jun 29, 2017
- Orillia - Purchase with SEPA
- AnycoinDirect - Purchase with SEPA, Sofort, Trustpay, MyBank, IDEAL, Giropay, EPS or Bancontact/Mistercash
- MoneroForCash - Purchase with fiat locally P2P
- EasyMonero - Purchase with fiat locally P2P
- Kraken - Euro and US dollar
- LocalMonero.co - Any payment method that the community wishes to use, fiat or crypto, online or locally, a centralized P2P platform modeled after LocalBitcoins.com
The options above meet your criteria for avoiding the Bitcoin transit hoop. Security, privacy and ease of use will vary.
Bitsquare is a P2P decentralized exchange not mentioned above because it currently requires the use of Bitcoin as an intermediary currency when purchasing with fiat. There is hope that multisig support for Monero now in development will eventually enable direct fiat purchases.
Adding to the list:
- https://monerodirect.com - buy Monero with Euro, GBP, or USD. (We can add other currencies if there's sufficient demand.)
Disclaimer: In addition to being a contributor to the Monero codebase, I am one of the directors of MoneroDirect.
The Monero analog of LocalBitcoins.com
First on the market!
On LocalMonero.co you are dealing with humans. Unlike centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, you make a trade directly with another person. This makes the process lean and fast, as there is no corporate overhead. You get your Monero instantly. Also, LocalMonero.co can support every payment method its user community supports, making it possible for users without access to traditional banking to also be able to buy or sell Monero. For every transaction, LocalMonero.co offers escrow or transaction service to protect the buyer of Monero.
Full disclosure: LocalMonero staff here.
protected by Community♦ Dec 13 '17 at 23:24
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?